Friday 14 June 2013

STAINS! We all hate them

Hey guys,

We are really sorry that we haven't posted in a while - we've had those horrible summer exams! But dont worry, exams finish very soon which means more blog posts - YAY!!


I recently bought the Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge which is supposedly a dupe for the infamous beauty blender.  This sponge is AMAZING! I use it with my bobbi brown liquid foundation and the foundation looks so natural. I really didn't have any complaints about the sponge that was until this happened:
I am one of those people that absolutely HATE stains and I hate using anything 'dirty' on my face. For this reason, I wanted to find a method to clean your beauty blender. I did a lot of researching and almost bought the cleanser which cost £13 (on amazon). I'm glad I didn't because I read reviews on the internet saying that the cleanser did nothing and after experimentin, I found a quick and cheap way of getting rid of these amazing sponges.

1) Start by running your sponge under a tap


2) Squeeze the excess water


3) Take a tiny bit of hand wash or a mild shampoo. I used the dettol cucumber splash hydrating hand wash. The dettol no touch hand wash dispenses the perfect amount! 

4) Dab the sponge in the soap and swirl it around in your hand


5) Rinse the sponge under the tap again and squeeze out the excess.


You should be able to see all the foundation that was locked up in that sponge. You might have to repeat this process again but once the sponge looks clean, you are all done :)


That's it! Quick, easy and most importantly CHEAP. 
We have a few DIYs coming up so make sure to check back.

Ace Nails
x

4 comments:

  1. I love my beauty blender, this sounds just as good!!

    maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice blog!

    http://brunettetrend.com/

    ReplyDelete