Tuesday 23 July 2013

Dream Catcher Nails



Hey guys,


Sorry we haven't posted lately - to make up for this we decided to do a nail tutorial on these dream catcher nails. I did this summery nail design when I went out with my friends and I got a lot of compliments on this design so I thought I would share it with you guys - so enjoy!  


These are the nail varnishes I used:
Barry M - Blue moon
Missguided - Missbehave Pink
Rimmel London - Peardrop
Rimmel London - Black Cab
OPI - Basecoat and Topcoat









1) First apply a base coat to protect your natural nails. Then add 2 - 3 coats of the nail varnish onto your nails. You have to make sure that it is opaque









2) On your middle finger and your pinky finger you will have to do the feather - for that you need to draw a line with a striper going from the corner of your nail to the opposite corner.







3) Again using a striper paint lines coming out of the line. Do some of the line fainter than the other ones so that it gives the effect of some of them being lighter and soft.











4) On your index finger and your ring finger you are going to paint the actual dream catcher. For this at the end of your nail using a black striper or a toothpick you have to paint a semi circle. Within the semicircle draw crosses. 







5) Draw lines coming down from the semi circle. On these lines using a dotting tool or a toothpick put pink dots on the lines (if this design in on the green nail) or green dots on the lines (if this design in on the pink nail) so it shows the beads on a dream catcher.








6) On the crosses within the semi circle use the nail polish you used on the middle and pinky finger to put the dots on - and you are done!









I hope you guys enjoyed this cute summer nail design and you can definitey use this design to impress your friends. I hope you will have as much fun as I had when doing this design! 

Ace Nails

6 comments:

  1. Love this look!

    Could you possibly check my blog out? & maybe follow!

    www.lydiacurtis.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soo pretty & perfect for summer! I'll have to try this now, so thanks for the gorgeous tutorial:)

    charlottehavs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was all so well done! I don't think I can do that, they look perfect! denisesplanet com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice blog :)

    Brunette Trend
    www.brunettetrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so cute! Perfect for summer. You've got some serious patience to sit there and do those! Love it.

    ReplyDelete